Unlocking the Human Potential
Discover the Carolina Rivers Difference
Carolina Rivers Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is unlike any rehabilitative care facility in Onslow County. While we still offer comprehensive rehabilitative and long-term care, the layout of our campus and many of the facility’s key features provide a unique opportunity for patients and residents to rehabilitate in familiar settings. We aim to ease the transition for residents from rehabilitation to their return home with the dedication of our highly-skilled professional and the close-knit community that Carolina Rivers embodies.
The Carolina Rivers Advantage
- Professional and Certified Healthcare Professionals
- Compassionate, Personalized Care Programs
- Adaptable Daily Schedule and Activities
- Adaptable Rehabilitation and Regular Plan Evaluation
- On-Site Physician Three Days a Week
We invite you to come by and visit. Take a tour and see why life at Carolina Rivers Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is an experience to enjoy. A special part of Carolina Rivers Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is our short stay rehabilitation program which is designed to prepare the resident to return home at the earliest possible date. Whether your stay is long term or short term, Carolina Rivers Rehabilitation & Nursing Center meets each of our patients’ medical needs, while maintaining independence and dignity.
It is our belief that the rehabilitation process is more effective when the environment is comfortable and supportive of each patient’s needs. Our facility offers all of the accommodations and amenities of home to make a patient’s stay as comfortable as possible.
Amenities & Accommodations
- 120 beds in both private and semi-private rooms
- Fully-equipped therapy gym and ADL kitchen
- Dayrooms and outdoor courtyard
- Beauty Shop & Nail Salon services available every weekly
- Monthly Resident’s Council meetings to plan activities and special events
- Weekly and monthly religious services from several area churches
- Transportation available to outside doctor’s appointments
- Housekeeping and personal laundry services
Our goal is to prepare patients for return to their regular lives. We feel that this is best accomplished by bringing their regular lives to the facility. We’ve designed Carolina Rivers to imitate life outside the facility. We’ve included many key elements of home and normal life for many residents so they can adapt their rehabilitation and practice applicable skills necessary for their return home.
- Standard Gym Equipment
- A Full Practice Kitchen
- A Mock-Up Coffee Shop
- A Chapel with Pews
These environments are important for patients to gain the real-world experience they need to reenter their regular lives. It also creates better continuity of care from the hospital, through the rehabilitation process and to their final destination: Home.
- Supports Relay for Life
- Supports Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Supports local women’s shelter
- Participates in Alzheimer’s Walk
- Participates in the Senior Games from the local senior center
It is important to us to bring the community into our facility to engage our patients and residents with meaningful community interaction.
Other regular community activities includes bible trivia, crafts, puzzles, games, movie nights, cooking social, men’s socials, and dessert socials. All of these efforts are made to make sure life at Carolina Rivers is as comfortable and welcoming as home.
We pride ourselves on being as accommodating as possible for our residents regardless of their mobility. We provide transportation services to and from doctor’s appointments for all of our residents. Wheelchair and stretcher transports are available for doctor’s appointments as well as planned activity outings.
Carolina Rivers can transport patients to doctors’ appointments, dialysis, and planned outings. Non-emergency transports are provided by Friendly Medical Transport. Emergency transports are provided by Onslow County Emergency Medical Services.